Did your dream home in Orange County look perfect and spotless during the open house? No matter how perfect or clean the home might have looked, prepare to see some dirty surprises and imperfections when you move-in. So take the initiative to avoid stressing on move-in day by by dealing with these surprises and imperfections prior to moving in. Here are some tips for preparing your new home before moving in.
Clean and Sterilize EVERYTHING.
By this, we really mean EVERYTHING. It’s easy for germs and filth to build up on any surface regardless of how clean a surface may look, so disinfecting and wiping down everything will really ensure your new home goes through a deep clean to be as close to being spotless as possible. Here are some areas to pay attention to:
- Countertops in both the kitchen and bathroom
- Both the inside and outside of kitchen appliances, such as the refrigerator, microwave, stove, etc.
- Kitchen and bathroom sinks (this includes kitchen garbage disposals and drains)
- Both the inside and outside of any cabinets and drawers in the home as well as the knobs and handles to those cabinets and drawers
- The floors of every room, which includes both hardwood and carpet to undergo sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or steaming
Identify Needed Repairs/Replacements.
Aside from making sure your home is spotless, look into what may need replacements or repairs in the home. Look through every area of your new home and ask yourself these questions:
- Are the fire detectors working?
- How old are the light bulbs?
- Do the walls or floors need any touch ups?
- When were the air filters last changed?
- Are all the light fixtures/fans working properly?
- Do the water-heater closets need to be cleaned out?
After assessing your home, deal with the necessary repairs and replacements in the home as soon as you can.
Preparing your new home before moving in may seem difficult, but it is not impossible. Keep in mind that the more you get done before you move in and unpack, the easier the process can be. If you have any questions or if you need any help, talk to the Reed Team today!
Courtesy of Cuselleration